Lincoln Square Artists Guild, Chicago, IL (2015 - Present)
PRESIDENT/CHAIRWOMAN of BOARD of DIRECTORS/CURATOR
- Lincoln Square Artist Guild (LSAG) is a charitable organization created by artists and for artists that embraces classic disciplines of Art, Sculpture, and Craft, with mission to include, support, and promote artists of Lincoln Square.
- Brought greater awareness of creative talent in area by providing means for successful presentation, increasing interaction between artists and patrons through bring greater awareness of the creative talent in the area and provide the means for successful presentation and thereby increasing the interaction between artist and patrons through various forms of communication, staged events, and educational workshops.
- Curated Lincoln Square Art Walk and Best of the Show Art Exhibition of 2015; managed and coordinated both events.
“The Two Million” Documentary, Chicago, IL & Turkey (2016)
- Produced, wrote and co-directed documentary short film “The Two Million” which shed light on plight of Syrian refugees who journeyed from Syria to Turkey, examining impact of Syrian crisis and refugees’ struggle to begin again in Turkey.
- Interviewed dentists, doctors, teachers, and other professionals, discussing vital role their skills could have in their transition.
- Examined lost generation of children suffering from emotional, physical, and psychological damages of war.
Lincoln Square Artist Guild, 2015 - Present
Culture Bridge International Art Exhibition, 2016
Chicago Art & Design Center, Chicago, IL (2010 – 2015)
- Founded Chicago Art and Design Center with goal to help people of all ages explore and develop their creativity through art. Managed Center, overseeing all business operations, marketing, event coordination, etc. Organized and executed variety of events, including social (Halloween parties, birthday celebrations, bachelorette parties, etc.) and corporate (company art events, meetings, holiday parties, gallery openings, etc.)
- Managed day to day activities of Center; oversaw staff of four; interviewed, hired, and trained all employees.
- Met with clients to understand their needs; made individualized recommendations.
- Developed programming for art classes and projects for variety of events, including art classes for children and adults, as well as fun, interactive team building evets for corporations and businesses; facilitated these activities, ensuring success for each event.
- Provided art direction and oversight in design and development of all marketing materials for classes, parties, and events, as well as for the Center, including website design and content management.
Chicago Art and Design Center, 2010 - 2015
Culture Bridge International Art Exhibition, Chicago, IL (2016)
- Managed and coordinated cultural bridge of musicians, painters, dancers, and sculptors from Germany, United States, and other countries around the globe. The exhibit was held at the Scharpenberg Gallery at DANK Hausand featured a broad range of works with an intention to deepen cross-cultural ties.
- Coordinated series of events designed to entertain and stimulate thinking about how many cultures can create a dialog about what matters in the world of art; events included: art making sessions, artist talks, and panel discussions.
- Researched and documented art collections; curated gallery displays; curated exhibition and displays.
- Planned event venue, decorations, entertainment, and schedule, successfully staying within budget.
- Interacted with clients to understand requirements and collaborate to develop and implement creative ideas to ensure success of event.
- Designed all promotional materials, including flyers, brochures, and online marketing initiatives; provided art direction to creative team.
- Managed vendor relationships and made final decisions regarding caterers, performers, venues, photographers, transportation services, etc.
- Hired and trained employees to assist with execution of event.
"The Two Million " Documentary, Film, 2016